jeudi 28 février 2013

Thai, the easiest language I ever started to learn

Now i have the feeling that I am starting a new journey. One of the purpose of this journey is to make people understand and accept (what's even harder) that not only any language can be learned but also that any language can be learned a lot faster and more efficiently that one could ever imagine, at least for every-day communication. Fluency takes a lot more effort and time (still much less than what you think) but being a fairly good beginner able to communicate easily with a Chinese (speaking and not writing) or Thai person isn't far-fetched at all and doesn't require years of studies, practise and training. Actually I am going to sound as door-to-door or supermarket salesman but it doesn't even require months buuuuut: simply weeks, awwww! Not more than a couple if you are determined enough!
     All you need is a high dose of motivation and a few hours a day of intense, magnetic and magic cerebral activity. I have begun to learn Thai a little more than two weeks ago. I will start the 9th lesson of my 10 lessons book today learning 1 lesson every 2 days. Actually it took me about 3 weeks to start learning the language and go from lesson 1 to 2 to 3 and so on and my relationship and way to be perceived with and by the locals have changed quite a bit even if everybody here speaks english since Koh Tao island hosts more "farang" at the time than Thai people. I spent 3 weeks in Thailand (plus twice 2 weeks the first 2 times I was here) just knowing "thank you" (koopkun Krap) and "hello" (Sawatdii Krap). Then, 2 weeks ago I surprised myself being strangely able to make short but full simple sentences right after my second lesson. As I daily go back on all the previous lessons listening and reading them one more time, even with my flawed memory I started to use the extremely simple "kun cheu arai?" (what's your name?) seen in the first lesson and at the same time use words and sentences from the second lesson as (to answer the question "where are you from") "Pom bpen kon Faranset" (I'am person France/French). I could also use demonstratives such as "this" (ni) and "that" (nan) and vital interrogative adverbs such as "Where" (ti-nai) and "how-much" (tao-rai). By lesson 3, I was communicating most of the time in english with the locals but kept trying to include a couple of sentences or if even only words here and there. All together I wouldn't speak more than 5 minutes a day in total as my vocabulary and proper and efficient knowledge of it was and is still pretty limited but nevertheless, it felt wonderful to express myself in this easy but drastically different language!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire